PLEASE NOTE – This is a Kickstart post and ONLY available to those who have been referred by a DWP Work Coach
25 Hours Per Week
National Minimum Wage / National Living Wage (depending on age)
We are looking for warm, well-organised people to assist with activities at YMCA Doncaster.
We have a new programme of activity sessions for children and young people, and we will be developing and extending the programme over the next few months. At present, activities include arts and crafts, music and drama.
We are also planning sessions that will help young people to move into independent accommodation.
You will be helping with a variety of different sessions across all age groups. This will include planning, preparations and tidying up as well as various administrative tasks to support the sessions.
You will be reliable and able to develop professional relationships with participants and parents, as well as playing a part in the wider staff team at YMCA Doncaster.
This is a great opportunity for anyone considering a career in youth work or work with children.
We are currently considering applications as they come in; please apply at any time. There is no closing date.
All applications are scored against our person specification.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within three weeks you’ve unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
Hours of Work
Hours will vary according to the activities on offer.
Wednesdays 11am to 1.30pm (staff time / training) and 2pm to 5.30pm (planning and admin time) – PLUS
- During term time, 3pm to 9.30pm on three evenings per week (half hour break each day).
- During school holidays, mostly daytime hours according to activity plans.
- To assist children and young people with taking part in YMCA activities.
- To assist with setting up rooms and equipment / tidying away.
- To plan and lead sessions, or parts of sessions, where confidence and capability allows.
- To deal with difficulties, including challenging behaviour in sessions.
- To welcome and escort participants to their sessions, and to take the register where required.
- To prepare / send out activity packs, welcome packs and letters to parents and children.
- To assist parents with using our system for online bookings, being patient with those who find technology difficult.
- To contact parents for surveys and feedback as required.
- To create social media posts / blog posts showing the activities in a positive way.
- To develop appropriate professionalism and boundaries, and maintain those at all times.
- To lead by example, showing “Take Part, Have Fun, Be Kind” qualities throughout.
- To carry out other activity-related tasks as required.
Person Specification – Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet each of the criteria below.
- Able to work with children and young people between the ages of 5 and 25 and encourage them to develop.
- Able to support the person leading each session.
- Able to use a computer, and to help others who find this hard.
- Able to show reliability and good organisational skills.
- Able to communicate professionally in person and in writing.
- Able to work within YMCA Doncaster’s policies and procedures.
- Able to “Take Part, Have Fun, Be Kind”
A DBS check will be required for this position (YMCA will pay for this).
We aim to make our job information as clear as possible. If you are considering making an application yourself, and have a query that is not answered above, please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we accept direct applications only; we do not deal with agencies or other third parties.
To apply for this role
We recommend that you complete the application on a desktop / laptop computer. We do not recommend doing this on a mobile phone.
When you are ready to complete your application, please click here or click on the picture below.
We would also be grateful if you would download and complete our optional Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. Please click here to do so.
Direct Applications Only – Strictly no Agencies or other Third Parties.