Full Time. £28,000 per annum.
We are looking for an organised and effective person to manage the day-to-day safety, maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of YMCA Doncaster’s property and premises.
This will include preparing reports, carrying out audit checks and associated administrative duties.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the buildings meet Health and Safety standards, and that relevant procedures are being complied with.
You will be working with our established systems, conducting regular checks to ensure that the building and site are properly maintained, cleaned and well-presented. This will include some supervisory responsibilities and the oversight of external contractors.
As a part of our Duty Management team, you will be involved in dealing with staffing, client or other issues across the organisation as they arise, and you will be included in our weekend On Call rota.
You will be able to develop a strong understanding of our various services and users, and particularly the issues arising in a Supported Accommodation setting for young people.
You will have some recent relevant experience or transferable skills, an understanding of relevant Health and Safety / maintenance issues and strong attention to detail. You will also have some experience of leading / managing staff or volunteers.
We are seeking to make an appointment as soon as possible. Please apply as soon as you are able to do so.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within three weeks you’ve unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
Hours of Work
40 hours plus On Call duties.
Standard hours of work, including a half hour unpaid break each day, are:
Monday 8am to 4.30pm
Tuesday 2.30pm to 11pm
Wednesday 10am to 6.30pm
Thursday 8am to 4.30pm
Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Plus an average of one in three weekends (Friday to Monday) On Call.
There may be occasional variations to accommodate staff meetings and pre-arranged visits from contractors and similar.
To carry out a variety of duties managing the day-to-day safety, maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of YMCA Doncaster’s properties and premises. This will include preparing reports in line with set procedures, auditing of various items across the premises and associated administrative duties.
- To be responsible for checking that our buildings comply with Health and Safety standards, and that Health and Safety procedures are being complied with, and to take responsibility for other Health and Safety tasks as designated by the Line Manager.
- To conduct regular Health and Safety checks across the site and to meet with contractors and others to oversee their work.
- To ensure that the building and site are appropriately maintained, cleaned and well-presented, and that regular and cyclical programmes are in place.
- To ensure that resident clients receive a clear verbal Health and Safety induction within their first seven days in residence and to co-ordinate additional instruction on maintenance and safety issues during a residence where required by the Line Manager.
- To complete audits and the checking of records, and to deal with designated matters arising including coaching and instruction of staff at various levels.
- To ensure that repair and maintenance tasks are completed properly and on time, instructing staff where necessary.
- To co-ordinate the accurate collection and reporting of data and other information.
- To complete administrative tasks necessary for the Operations team.
- To supervise relevant staff, students or volunteers.
- To assist in the general leadership of YMCA Doncaster, being an effective part of the Duty Management team.
- To cover accommodation, reception or other duties where necessary in times of absence or vacancies.
- To act as a shift Duty Manager, including dealing with any staffing, client or other issues arising during periods of duty.
- To be part of the weekend On Call rota, responding effectively to concerns. This will include finding cover in the case of sickness or other absence, or covering a shift at very short notice when no other cover is available.
- To contribute to the selection and induction of new staff and volunteers across the Association.
- To develop and maintain appropriately professional relationships with clients, users and other staff, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To represent senior staff and the Association positively in all relationships, both internal and external.
- To work within the policies and procedures of YMCA Doncaster, and to contribute to their development.
- Other reasonable duties as required from time to time by the Line Manager.
Person Specification – Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet each of the criteria below.
- Recent relevant experience or transferable skills.
- Understanding of relevant Health & Safety and maintenance issues.
- Experience of co-ordinating a range of repair and maintenance tasks to a high standard.
- Able to develop a strong understanding of YMCA Doncaster’s services and users, and associated issues relevant to the role.
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy when inputting data and creating reports.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to a high standard.
- Comfortable with administrative duties which will include working with financial records and cash handling.
- Experience of managing a varied workload efficiently.
- Experience of leadership and management of staff and / or volunteers.
- Able to work within organisational procedures and clear structures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate well with colleagues, as well as with customers or clients with complex needs and / or challenging behaviours.
- Experience of taking responsibility for unexpected situations and making significant decisions in accordance with policy.
- Able to be assertive and tenacious where necessary.
- Experience of maintaining confidentiality and appropriate relationships, and a clear understanding of the importance of those.
- Able to cover as part of the weekend On Call rota and to attend site within two hours in the event of an emergency.
We aim to make our job information as clear as possible. If you are considering making an application yourself, and have a query that is not answered above, please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we accept direct applications only; we do not deal with agencies or other third parties.
To apply for this role
When you are ready to complete your application, please click here or click on the picture below.
We would also be grateful if you would download and complete our optional Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. Please click here to do so.
Direct Applications Only – Strictly no Agencies or other Third Parties.