Full Time. 40 Hours at £10.80 per hour (£22,464 per annum).
We are looking for a well organised, adaptable person to join our facilities staff as we refresh and develop our accommodation and community provision.
Your workload will be varied and will include monitoring and reporting on safety, maintenance and other facilities issues as well as making sure that things are in good order and well presented for the young people, staff, volunteers and supporters who are part of YMCA Doncaster. That will include overseeing repair and improvement projects, ordering and internal requisitions.
Although most of your work will be behind the scenes, you will also be responsible for welcoming young people and their families into our Community Centre and for dealing with a range of enquiries.
You will be an excellent administrator and a strong communicator, and will be committed to providing a great environment for a broad range of people.
As we reshape our services, and develop new ones, this position offers good opportunities for progression and development into a management role where you are able to demonstrate the required levels of adaptability, professionalism and ability to learn.
There is no closing date for this position; please apply as soon as you are able to do so.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within three weeks you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
Hours of Work
40 hours, including to 1pm to 9.30pm on term-time Mondays and Tuesdays.
If you prefer a role with fewer hours, we will consider a working week of the Monday / Tuesday hours above plus daytime on two other regular weekdays.
This is an on site position and not generally suitable for dispersed working.
- To provide welcome / reception / enquiries services as required, and to oversee everyone coming into the Community Centre.
- To prepare rooms and layouts for a range of sessions.
- To carry out regular maintenance, safety and condition checks across the buildings and outdoor areas.
- To oversee contractors and others undertaking designated improvements or repairs.
- To provide Health and Safety inductions to new resident clients, and to provide additional instruction as assigned by your Line Manager.
- To complete audits and the checking of records, and to deal with designated matters arising including coaching and instruction of staff at various levels.
- To oversee the completion of repair and maintenance tasks as required to meet targets.
- To collect and report data and other information accurately.
- To complete administrative tasks, including preparation of financial information and payments.
- To supervise relevant placement staff, students or volunteers.
- To develop and maintain appropriately professional relationships with clients, users and other staff, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To represent the Association positively in all relationships, both internal and external.
- To work within the policies and procedures of YMCA Doncaster, and to contribute to their development.
- Other reasonable duties as required from time to time by the Line Manager.
Person Specification – Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet each of the criteria below.
- Able to manage own workload efficiently, including responsibility for daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Able to take on the oversight of assigned improvement or repair projects.
- Able to work within organisational procedures and clear structures.
- Able to be assertive and persistent where necessary.
- Understanding of the key Health & Safety and maintenance issues relevant to YMCA Doncaster.
- Able to develop a strong understanding of YMCA Doncaster’s services and users.
- Adaptable and positive about working through a period of change.
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy when inputting data, completing financial information and preparing reports.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to a high standard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate well with colleagues, as well as with customers or clients with complex needs and / or challenging behaviours.
- Capable of taking responsibility for unexpected situations.
- Experience of maintaining confidentiality and appropriate relationships, and a clear understanding of the importance of those.
Employment in this role is subject to
– a minimum of two references, including all employment during the past three years.
– a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
We aim to make our job information as clear as possible. If you are considering making an application yourself, and have a query that is not answered on this web page please email your query to email@example.com
Please note that we accept direct applications only; we do not deal with agencies or other third parties.
To apply for this role
We can accept applications online or via email.
For online applications, please click here or click on the picture below.
Alternatively, please click here to download the Word version of our application form and follow the instructions for return via email.
We would also be grateful if you would download and complete our optional Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. Please click here to do so.
Direct Applications Only – Strictly no Agencies or other Third Parties.