18 hours weekly – 10am-2.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (or an alternative 4.5 hours between 9am and 6pm across each of those days)
£10.92 per hour
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role in maintenance and repair work?
We are looking for someone to help ensure that our buildings and site are functional and safe. You’ll be responsible for preparing accommodation rooms for re-let, sprucing up our community rooms and working to set priorities.
You will be part of a friendly and supportive team, making a real difference in the lives of young people.
If you’re able to work independently, have experience in basic carpentry, painting, plumbing and other repairs and have a good working knowledge of Health and Safety issues, we encourage you to apply!
All applications are scored against our person specification.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within three weeks you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
To take responsibility for general maintenance and repairs of YMCA Doncaster’s buildings and premises, particularly focused on the YMCA’s accommodation provision.
- To undertake maintenance and repair work as required to ensure that the buildings and site are functional and safe.
- To assist in preparing accommodation rooms for re-let. This may include cleaning and clearing rooms, mending furniture, re-painting rooms and discarding unusable equipment.
- To re-decorate Community Centre rooms as required, and to make improvements as required.
- To carry out preventative work and testing as required.
- To be responsible for equipment and tools associated with the role.
- To work according to a set prioritisation system.
- To ensure that all repairs and maintenance visits to occupied accommodation rooms are carried out according to the set procedures for notification of repairs and contact with vulnerable young people.
- To ensure that all repairs and action taken are recorded in the repairs log.
- To ensure that the car park and garden are tidied regularly.
- To ensure that rooms are prepared for meetings.
- To take an active approach to the role and to be able to work on own initiative within the set procedures.
- To maintain highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality, with particular regard to work with vulnerable young people.
- Other appropriate duties as required from time to time by the Line Manager.
Person Specification – Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet each of the criteria below.
- A general all-round knowledge of maintenance topics.
- Ability to undertake painting, decorating, basic carpentry, minor electrical and plumbing repairs and general maintenance work.
- Able to move furniture and equipment using appropriate handling techniques.
- Ability to organise workload and respond to immediate needs.
- Ability to take verbal instruction and direction.
- Ability to follow written instructions and to keep written records of all repairs in the set format.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety issues.
- A broad understanding of the YMCA’s client group, and in particular the maintenance and repair issues relating to accommodation for young people.
- An ability to react appropriately in challenging situations.
- Willingness to undertake training relevant to the role and to the YMCA.
- Ability to work alone and to be self-motivated.
We aim to make our job information as clear as possible. If you are considering making an application yourself, and have a query that is not answered above, please email your query to email@example.com
Please note that we accept direct applications only; we do not deal with agencies or other third parties.
To apply for this role
We can accept applications online or via email.
We would also be grateful if you would download and complete our optional Equal Opportunities Form.
Direct Applications Only – Strictly no Agencies or other Third Parties.