PLEASE NOTE – This is a Kickstart post and ONLY available to those who have been referred by a DWP Work Coach
25 Hours Per Week
National Minimum Wage / National Living Wage (depending on age)
We are looking for a new staff member to complete ongoing and cyclical maintenance tasks in our Community Centre, Charity Shop and Car Park on Wood Street
The role will include painting and decorating, plumbing repairs and basic carpentry. The role also includes other tasks, where training will be given, such as PAT testing
You will be responsible for ensuring that you act within our Health and Safety procedures and maintaining the site safely for use by staff and clients
MS Word and Excel are necessary for the role, as is the ability to use e-mail and online forms to log repairs
We are currently considering applications as they come in; please apply at any time. There is no closing date.
All applications are scored against our person specification.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within three weeks you’ve unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
Hours of Work
25 hours per week
Mon – Tue 10:00 – 16:30 (with half hour break)
Wed – Thu 10:00 – 17:00 (with half hour break)
- To make improvements to the Community Centre, Charity Shop and Grounds as instructed
- To maintain fixtures and fittings to ensure the site is functional, safe and clean
- To be responsible for equipment and tools associated with the role
- To be responsible for correct logging of repairs and preparing reports for their line manager
- To undertake training to be able to fulfil the role completely (eg PAT testing)
- To prepare community rooms as required.
- Other appropriate duties as required by the Line Manager.
Person Specification – Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet each of the criteria below.
- A general all round knowledge of maintenance tasks including knowledge of how to carry out paint and decorating tasks, basic carpentry and plumbing repairs.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures, including, but not limited to, correct manual handling techniques, safe use of ladders and correct use of power tools.
- Able to work on own initiative within YMCA Doncaster’s policies and procedures.
- Able to use e-mail and perform simple IT tasks.
A DBS check will be required for this position (YMCA will pay for this).
We aim to make our job information as clear as possible. If you are considering making an application yourself, and have a query that is not answered above, please email your query to email@example.com
Please note that we accept direct applications only; we do not deal with agencies or other third parties.
To apply for this role
We recommend that you complete the application on a desktop / laptop computer. We do not recommend doing this on a mobile phone.
When you are ready to complete your application, please click here or click on the picture below.
We would also be grateful if you would download and complete our optional Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. Please click here to do so.
Direct Applications Only – Strictly no Agencies or other Third Parties.