Hourly Pay – £10.40 per hour, paid weekly in arrears.
We will offer hours as needed (minimum 8 hours each week).
We are looking for staff who are able to offer a range of working hours, including days (approx. 8-4), evenings (approx. 3-11), nights (approx. 11-8) and weekends (either 8am to 8pm or 8pm to 8am).
There are no set hours for this post – work is available as and when needed.
We are able to consider a range of availability and can fit alongside other work or studies.
Once you are inducted to your role, we’ll notify you of the hours we are able to offer you each month.
The role involves providing cover, often working alone, in our accommodation service. You will be providing a visible security presence, patrolling the premises and dealing with issues arising. This may include cleaning and maintenance tasks, dealing with the authorities and similar.
The right candidates will have an ability to work alone and to carry out administrative work as well as monitoring patrols across floors, stairways and outdoor areas. An ability to deal appropriately with difficult situations, including conflict, is essential.
YMCA Doncaster has a small team of around 20 full and part-time staff, working together to provide services to some of the town’s most vulnerable young people. We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds, and we’d be delighted to hear from you if you meet our criteria.
We are currently considering applications as they come in; please apply at any time. There is no closing date.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within three weeks you’ve unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
Hours of Work
We’re looking for staff who are able to offer a range of working hours, including days (approx. 8-4), evenings (approx. 3-11), nights (approx. 11-8) and weekends (either 8am to 8pm or 8pm to 8am).
There are no set hours for this post – work is available as and when needed. We are able to consider a range of availability and can fit alongside other work or studies.
This role is based on site and is not suitable for remote working.
To complete administration and assessment tasks, with emphasis on a designated caseload, and to maintain the security of the Supported Accommodation premises, controlling access and providing a professional service to residents, staff and others.
- To attend allocated shifts reliably and on time in order to ensure continuity of cover.
- To carry out daily administrative tasks, including taking rent, answering telephone calls and providing appropriate information to callers in accordance with procedure.
- To be responsible for client interviews, move-ins and move-outs, including inductions, benefit applications and accompanying paperwork.
- To provide a visible security presence, patrolling premises as scheduled and dealing with issues arising.
- To ensure that buildings and entry points are secure.
- To clean communal areas, bathrooms, toilets and vacant bedrooms as needed.
- To act as the professional point of contact with the emergency and statutory services.
- To monitor CCTV screens and deal with issues arising, and to liaise with police where needed to prevent damage to the YMCA’s premises and / or property.
- To ensure that any incidents relating to security, safety, disorder, damage and similar are dealt with to the limits of the position’s authority, including informing the relevant manager where necessary.
- To maintain accurate shift logs of patrols, incidents, visitors and other security matters. To carry out maintenance tasks, and to oversee contractors as specified by the relevant manager.
- To conduct and record routine checks on hygiene, fire and other safety provisions.
- To supervise access to the laundry and the loan of equipment including the iron and hoover.
- To take appropriate steps to ensure engagement with YMCA Doncaster’s support and other programmes, and to take action where a client is unable or unwilling to engage.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with members, users and with other staff, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To work to the policies and procedures of YMCA Doncaster.
- To participate in a varied rota contributing to the provision of a 24 hour, year round service.
Person Specification – Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet each of the criteria below.
- Able to work varied hours on a relief / locum basis.
- Experience of carrying out administrative tasks accurately.
- Able to attend shifts reliably and on time.
- A common sense approach to motivating young people to achieve independence.
- An understanding of the issues that young people coming to the YMCA may face.
- Able to manage own workload without supervision, including extended periods of lone working.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate in writing, including receiving instructions and recording shift logs.
- Computer literate, including the ability to use Microsoft Word accurately and efficiently.
- Able to carry out monitoring patrols across indoor and outdoor areas including four floors and two stairways, and to deal with any issues arising.
- Able to carry out regular or occasional cleaning tasks.
- Able to carry out maintenance and repair tasks including regular painting, repairing damage and household DIY tasks.
- Able to deal appropriately with difficult and demanding situations, including situations involving conflict and aggression.
- Able to operate to standard procedures.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries, and a clear understanding of the importance of those.
- Able to represent the Association positively, professionally and with credibility.
- A flexible attitude to working hours, including the ability to work varied and unsociable hours, and a willingness to cover for other staff at short notice.
We aim to make our job information as clear as possible. If you are considering making an application yourself, and have a query that is not answered above, please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we accept direct applications only; we do not deal with agencies or other third parties.
To apply for this role
When you are ready to complete your application, please click here or click on the picture below.
We would also be grateful if you would download and complete our optional Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. Please click here to do so.
Direct Applications Only – Strictly no Agencies or other Third Parties.