We have signed up to Thrift+ which is a platform that facilitates the sales of second-hand clothing, shoes, and accessories. They also donate a percentage of what each item sells for the charity of the seller’s choice!
How can I get involved?
If you have second-hand clothes or accessories (shoes, bags, belts, sunglasses, hats) you can send them to Thrift+ who will sell them on your behalf. The money they make from your item is split, they take a chunk, you get a chunk and we get a chunk too!
They accept high-end high street fashion (Zara, Topshop, Asos, Mango), premium brands (Hobbs, Reiss, Phase Eight, North Face), and designer brands (Burberry, Prada, Gucci, Versace).
How it works:
- Sign up to Thrift+ (Click Me).
- Choose YMCA Doncaster as your chosen charity.
- Sort through your clothes and decide what Thrift+ will accept.
- Order a Thrift+ bag or bags and pop your clothes into those bags.
- Head to a Collect+ drop off point and send your clothes for free.
- Thrift+ will then sell your clothes for you!
The price they sell an item for is split into 3 chunks of 33%.
- 33% goes to Thrift+.
- 33% goes to you in the form of store credit.
- 33% goes to YMCA Doncaster in the form of a donation.
OR you can choose to donate your 33% to us as well and therefore we receive a 66% donation of what your item sells for.
So for example, if you have a pair of trainers that Thrift+ sells for £100. They keep £33, you get £33 to spend on the Thrift+ website and we get a £33 donation. Or if you choose the latter option and choose to donate your 33% we’d receive £66 as a donation and Thrift+ would keep £33.
And all you have to do is pop your preloved branded and designer clothes in a bag and drop it off for free!
For more information or to send your unwanted items head to the Thrift+ website here.
Read our blog about how easy it is to Thrift+ here.