Hours of Work
16 hours £9,992.32 salary | Initial contract for six months | Two days per week (Monday to Friday – post-holder’s choice of regular days) 10:30am to 7pm
We are actively seeking funds to develop the programme in response to the needs of young people.
We are creating a new programme of development coaching for young people in Doncaster, and we are looking for experienced professionals to take this forward in the pilot / testing phase.
Your role will be in frontline service delivery, trialing new work methods and monitoring systems. You will also be providing output / outcome / evaluation information in various formats for a range of purposes.
As the programme evolves, our development staff will use your findings as part of shaping the work into a fundable, sustainable project providing long-term support to young people, with specialisms built in where appropriate.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be capable of working positively with a programme that is evolving, whilst reflecting on your own practice throughout.
You will have experience of professional work with vulnerable young people, and of using coaching and / or strengths-based approaches.
You will also be highly organised and able to manage your own workload, including the administrative aspects of the role, without close supervision.
This is a great opportunity to work for us in a role offering something new to young people in Doncaster.
Please use the application form link at the bottom of this page (all applications must use one of our application forms). You can apply at any time – there is no closing date.
All applications are scored against our person specification.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within three weeks you’ve unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
To provide Personal Development support, using a strengths-based approach, for young people aged 16-30. To equip young people with practical and emotional skills, empowering them to live safely and independently.
- To take responsibility for a caseload of clients, assisting them to create and follow a personalised plan, suggesting strategies and systems to support them to reach agreed goals.
- To use positive motivation strategies to encourage clients throughout their Personal Development process, supporting them to focus on self-awareness, personal strengths, and long-standing aspirations.
- To assist clients with devising a budgeting plan and provide money management strategies to empower them to manage their finances efficiently in the future.
- To provide regular social media updates celebrating individual and collective news/success.
- To make recommendations or referrals to other services/agencies where needed, undertaking advocacy on behalf of clients, where required.
- To hold clients accountable for inaction in a supportive but direct way; taking appropriate steps in ensuring engagement with the support provision, including taking action where a client is unable or unwilling to engage.
- To ensure clients are fully aware of the range of services at YMCA Doncaster and are able and willing to engage as appropriate.
- To promote opportunities for clients to be involved in the design, delivery, and continuous improvement of the programme through a range of consultation and involvement methods.
- To use a soft outcomes measurement tool to help clients see their progress, using the digital monitoring and evaluation system to record information and the achievement of hard and soft outcomes.
- To provide anecdotal and statistical information against several outcome measures.
- To follow-up client development using designated time-frame guidance, following departure from the support programme.
- To supervise relevant staff, students, and volunteers.
- To offer flexibility in both patterns of work and duties undertaken.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with, clients, members, and with other staff, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To represent the Association positively in all relationships, both internal and external.
- To work within the policies and procedures of YMCA Doncaster.
- Other reasonable duties as required from time to time by the Line Manager.
Person Specification – Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet each of the criteria below.
- Experience of successfully using coaching strategies and/or strengths-based approaches with young people who have experienced homelessness or social exclusion.
- A sound understanding of budgeting and an ability to produce effective personal budget plans, and implementation of money management strategies.
- An understanding of the issues that young people coming to the YMCA may face.
- Experience of reacting appropriately in challenging situations.
- Able to communicate effectively with young people and others, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and other digital systems to a high standard.
- Experience of working successfully in a performance-measured, outcomes-focused way.
- Able to operate within set procedures.
- Experience of managing a complex and varied workload effectively and accurately without supervision.
- Experience of maintaining confidentiality and appropriate relationships, and a clear understanding of the importance of those.
- Able to work to the Ethos and Values of YMCA Doncaster and demonstrate how the role contributes.
- Able to represent the Association positively, professionally, and with credibility.
Employment in this role is subject to
– a minimum of two references, including all employment during the past three years.
– a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
We aim to make our job information as clear as possible. If you are considering making an application yourself, and have a query that is not answered on this web page please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we accept direct applications only; we do not deal with agencies or other third parties.
To apply for this role
We can accept applications online or via email.
For online applications, please click here or click on the picture below.
Alternatively, please click here to download the Word version of our application form and follow the instructions for return via email.
We would also be grateful if you would download and complete our optional Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. Please click here to do so.
Direct Applications Only – Strictly no Agencies or other Third Parties.