Our ethos describes how we go about our work; the essence, culture and values that distinguish YMCA Doncaster and define who we are. It captures the principles that guide us and is the promise we make to everyone whose life we touch.
In the spirit of our Christian faith and with a youth minded community approach:
- We seek out: We actively look for opportunities to make a transformative impact on young lives in the communities where we work, and believe that every person is of equal value.
- We welcome: We offer people the space they need to feel secure, respected, heard and valued; and we always protect, trust, hope and persevere.
- We inspire: We strive to inspire each person we meet to nurture their body, mind and spirit, and to realise their full potential in all they do.
- We speak out: We stand up for young people, speak out on issues that affect their lives and help them to find confidence in their own voice.
- We serve others: We are committed to the wellbeing of the communities we serve, and believe in the positive benefit of participation, locally and in the wider world.